Towards a society of wellbeing.
Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/events/500871480946627
The COVID-19 crisis uncovered just how much we need strong safety nets and well-functioning public health systems. These services have been undermined by years of austerity policies.
Now, as we tackle COVID-19 and rebuild our societies, we cannot simply go back to business as usual. It is time for the EU to reconnect with its aim of promoting the wellbeing of its people.
We want to address what matters the most to people: quality of life, health, the environment, a good job, public safety, quality housing, equality, community, solidarity, happiness…
These elements make up our sense of wellbeing, and they must be available to all citizens today and in the future.
On Thursday 15 April, tune in from 17h00 CET to follow the online event “Towards a society of wellbeing”.
It will bring together top progressive leaders and trade union representatives.
Send us your questions and join the discussion with:
• Sergei Stanishev, PES President
• Nicolas Schmit, Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights, European Commission
• Agnes Jongerius MEP, S&D EMPL coordinator, Chair of PES Social Europe Network, PvdA
• Rolf Schmachtenberg, State Secretary, German Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
• Luca Visentini, General Secretary, European Trade Union Confederation,
• Alicia Homs MEP, President of the Young European Socialists, PSOE
• Evin Incir MEP, SAP
The wellbeing of each citizen must become the new indicator for the success of policies.